Email Template Top
Navigation: System Setup > Alert Management > E-mail Template
Purpose: To manage (create/edit) email templates that are to be used in system generated alerts.
- To create new e-mail template, click on [Add new template] in (Screen 1). This will redirect to (Screen 2). Enter e-mail subject and e-mail template title.
- On selection of Alert category, available parameters for that category will be populated alongside the rich text editor.
- Select Parameters from [Available parameter] and prepare template body in Template section. When the alerts are sent, these parameters will be replaced by actual values from the system.
- To save the created template click on [Save] button and it will save the template.
- To edit the template, click on [Edit] link on Screen 1 and it will redirect to Screen 2, it will populate the existing information of template.
- After changing values click on [Save] button and it will update the template information of selected template.
Step 1. Click on [Add new template] (OR click on the [Edit] link behind a specific E-mail template to change an existing template).
Step 2. Fill out the E-mail template body / adapt the existing text using the parameters. Parameters are system-generated built-in fields. For example, under the 'Workflow Status' – Alert Category, the available parameters are: amount requested, project code, organization name, project duration and project title. If you copy & paste these parameters (as is including the # signs) into the body of the e-mail template, the exact value of these fields as it relates to the selected project will appear in the e-mail notification.
- E-mail Subject: Subject for the e-mail.
- E-mail Template Title: Title of the e-mail template.
- Alert Category: Category of the e-mail alert (User Registration, Workflow etc.).
- Available Parameters: Parameters to build e-mail template which changes per Alert Category.
- Template: E-mail body text with parameter(s).
Email Alerts Top
Navigation: System Setup > Alert Management > Manage Alerts
Purpose: To manage (create/edit/delete/view) alerts for sending e-mails for different alert categories.
- Existing alerts can be viewed by clicking the [Search] button on (Screen 1). Select alert category and e-mail template and click on the [Search] button, it will list down all the alerts that have been added.
- To create new alert click on [Add Alert] button on (Screen 1). A new page will be opened (Screen 2). Enter alert title, select interval (immediate or populate start and end date), select To, CC and BCC user sub group, select alert category, select e-mail template (it will populate e-mail body) and click on the [Save] button to save the alert.
- To edit the alert click on the [Edit] link on (Screen 1) and it will display the existing details of the selected alert in (Screen 2).
- After changing values click on the [Save] button and it will update the alert information of selected alert.
- To delete an alert click on the [Delete] link on (Screen 1).
- Alert Category (dropdown box): Alert category list for which alert is created
- E-mail Template (dropdown box): E-mail template list for which template is created
- Title (text box): Alert Title
- Immediate (check box): Check if alert is created for immediate e-mail sending. If immediate checkbox is selected, the start date, end date and options like daily etc. will be locked.
- Start Date (date box): Start date when e-mail need to send
- Daily (radio button): Check if alert to be set for daily and set the time for the alert activation.
- Weekly (radio button): Check if alert to be set for weekly and set the day and time for the alert activation.
- Monthly (radio button): Check if alert to be set for monthly and select the time for the alert activation.
- Customized time (radio button): Check to set the customized time when alert needs to be triggered.
Note: You can select only one radio button option from the above.
- End Date (date box): End date of alert
- To (selection list): Select user sub group who will be in To e-mail list.
- CC (selection list): Select user sub group who will be in CC e-mail list
- BCC (selection list): Select user sub group who will be in BCC e-mail list
Note: Select from the To, CC, BCC list individually and click on the Add button to add it to selected list box. Click on the Remove button to remove the selected To, CC, BCC recipients from the selected list box.
- Alert Category (dropdown box): Alert category drop down for which alert will be configured
- E-mail Template (dropdown box): E-mail template list which will link with alert
- E-mail Body: This will be auto populate on E-mail template selection