- How to create an allocation
- How to configure an allocation
- How to add an allocation Type Document
How to create an allocation Top
Navigation: System Setup > Allocation Management > Manage Allocation Types
To create new allocation, fill all the mandatory information which is marked with a red asterisk and click on the [Save Record] button. The green asterisk shows the fields that will be published in the Business Intelligence (BI) platform.
To edit the allocation type click on [Edit] link to populate the controls with the respective Allocation type information which can be changed and saved by clicking on [Save Record] button.
Note: The information displayed in the Primary Details section cannot be edited after the creation of the first project proposal. Please contact GMS Support should you require furthr assistance in changing the details. The SRC Scorecard cannot be changed once the scoring has been initiated.
- Primary Details: Provides the core details of the allocation. This part cannot be edited after the creation of the first project.
- Allocation Title: Name of the allocation.
- Publish: Tick the box to publish the allocation into the Business Intelligence (BI) platform. This will also show if any of the documents linked to the allocation will be visible to partners and published in the BI.
- Allocation Summary: Description that will appear as an additional narrative in the Business Intelligence (BI) platform.
- Allocation Source: Type of Allocation (Reserve or Standard).
- Project Code Abbreviation: Abbreviation to generate project code.
- Allocation Year: Year in which Allocation is created.
- Audit Cost Type: Type of Audit Cost (Percent or Fixed).
- Location Mapped Code: Automated field which will display the location year version.
- Minimum Location Level for Budget: Allows the user to select the Admin Location level required for the budget distribution in the locations tab, and the reporting.
- Minimum Location Level for Beneficiary:Allows the user to select the Admin Location level required for the Affected Persons distribution in the locations tab, and the reporting.
- Allow Project Proposal Quarter Planning: Indicates whether Budget Quarter planning is allowed for project proposal (relevant for UNDP funds)
- Allow Project Proposal Cost Effectiveness Analysis: Enables the option to generate a Cost Effectiveness Analysis linked to the budget.
- Show Standard Activities: Enable standard activities to be displayed, instead of only customized activities.
- Additional Details: Provides the secondary details of the allocation. This part remains editable after the creation of the first project.
- Is Locked: Indicates whether Allocation is locked.
- HRP Plan: Link to the country HRP to enable project linkage in the project proposal.
- Emergency: The specific emergency (ongoing conflict, disaster, etc.) for which allocation will be created.
- SRC Scorecard: Shows which Strategy Review Scorecard will be linked to the allocation.
- Expected Launch Date of Allocation Strategy: Indicates when the planning of the allocation started (i.e. start of the allocation lifecycle).
- Expected HC Approval Date of Last Project: Indicates the estimate date of when the allocation approval process will close (i.e. end of the allocation lifecycle).
- Planned allocation Budget (in USD): Displays the allocation budget planned.
- Project Submission Start Date and Time: Indicates the start of the project submission timeframe (day/month/year, local timezone).
- Project Submission Block Date and Time: Indicates the end of the project submission timeframe (day/month/year, local timezone).
- Message before project submission block date: Message visible from the Partner Home Page informing of the end of the project submission timeframe (remaining days/hours)
- Message after project submission block date: Message visible from the Partner Home Page informing that the project submission timeframe has been closed
How to configure an allocation Top
Navigation: System Setup > Allocation Management > Allocation Type Configuration
Upon accessing the page, all the added Allocation will be visible. To add an allocation to the page, see the prior step "How to create an allocation".
Click on the "Edit" tooltip to configure the allocation. The the selected allocation and the different components will be visible at the top of the screen.
Click on the different available button to display the respective page.
- Click on the [Cluster Priorities] button to configure the cluster priorities that will be defined for the allocation.
- Click on the [Allocation Cycle Time Table] button to create an allocation cycle for the allocation.
- Click on the [Manage HRP] button to link the HRP (Humanitarian Response Plan) and the SSO (Sector Specific Objective) to the allocation.
- Click on the [Link Cost Tracking Component] button to edit the default Cost Tracking components
Link an allocation with its cluster priorities Top
Click [Cluster Priorities] button.
To add a new cluster priority, select the appropriate cluster, enter the cluster priority activities and geographical priorities and click on the button to save the detail.
Existing cluster priorities can be modified by clicking on the link.
Existing cluster priorities can be deleted by clicking on the link.
- Cluster: Cluster
- Cluster Priority Activities: Activity for cluster
- Cluster Geographical Priorities: Detail for geographical priorities
Link an allocation with the allocation cycle time table Top
Click on the [Allocation Cycle Timetable] button.
Enter From date, To date, Responsible and Action field data and click on the "plus" button to save the detail. Existing Allocation Time table can be edited by clicking on the link.Existing Allocation Time table can be deleted by clicking on the link.
- From: Start date for a particular responsibility in the selected Allocation
- To: : End date for a particular responsibility in the selected Allocation
- Responsible: Person responsible for the set period of time
- Action: Action required to fulfil those responsibilities
Link an allocation with the HRP and SSO Top
Click on the [Manage HRP] button.
Type in the HRP SO Description and click on the Add icon . Once you add the line , you are given the option to either 'Edit' or 'Link SSO' to this HRP. Click on [Link SSO] link to link HRP with SSO.
To link SRP with the SSO, click on [Link SSO] button; a popup will be displayed .
Select the relevant Cluster(s) from the list. On doing so the SSO list will be populated for that cluster. Select one or more SSOs from the list and click on [Save] button to save the record.
Added Link will be displayed in the grid.
Existing HRP – SSO links can be modified by clicking on the [Edit] link.
Existing HRP – SSO links can be deleted by clicking on the link.
- HRP Description: The description of the HRP
- Allocation Type: The Allocation Type tied to this HRP Description
- Action: Edit OR Link SSO. Edit allows you to change the HRP Descrption /Link SSO: Ties this HRP to a Cluster Name and Sector Specific Objective
Note : if your SSO have been linked correctly they will appear linked to you allocation tympe (System Setup > Allocation Management >Allocation types > edit)
Create SSO (Sector Specific Objectives): Top
Navigation: System Setup > Allocation Management > Manage SSO.
- To add a SSO, go to the bottom of the page and enter a brief description of the sector specific objective and select a Cluster from the drop down list to which it needs to be linked, select the year, and click on the button to save the SSO.
- Click on [Edit] link to edit the added record on which the selected SSO will become updatable.
- User can delete existing SSO by clicking on link for a particular SSO.
Note: Delete option will be available only if the SSO is not linked with an HRP.
- Sector Specific Objective Description: Brief description of SSO usually found in HRP.
- Cluster Name: Cluster for the pool fund.
Link Cost Tracking Component Top
Allocation Type Document Top
Navigation: System Setup > Allocation Management > Allocation Type Document
Purpose: This screen is used to view as well as upload documents that are associated to a particular Allocation Type.
Within the Allocation Type Documents tab, a user can view as well as upload documents that are associated to a particular Allocation Type. The documents to upload are:
- Allocation Report
- Grant Agreements
- Allocation Strategy
- Partner Allocation - this will also make the documents uploaded in the category visible in the Business Intellogence.
Also comments in regards to the document can be included as well, when a particular file is upload.
Please also note that the 'Share selected documents' icon can be used to share documents that have been uploaded.
First, select the document that you want shared by clicking on the checkbox next to the document,
Second, a 'Share documents' window will appear with the selected document(s) and its category. Select the 'Alert' that should be accompanied with the document and Third, press 'Share'.