Setting up an Allocation in the GMS in a multi-tasks process. The HFU must create and configure several elements, such as the Strategic Objectives and Sector Specific Objectives, the Strategic Review scorecard and other, before creating the allocation in itself, which will link all elements together.
You will find in the article a step-by-step method with detailed information on how to set up an allocation.
- Configuring the Allocation's elements
- How to create an allocation
- How to configure the allocation
- How to add an allocation Type Document
Configuring the Allocation's elementsTop
Create HRP SO: Top
Navigation: System Setup > Allocation Management > Manage Global HRP SO.
- To add an HRP, go to the top of the page and click on [Add HRP SO].
- Select the HRP Year, HRP, and HRP SO from the drop down and add a description. Click on [Save]
Create SSO (Sector Specific Objectives): Top
Navigation: System Setup > Allocation Management > Manage SSO.
- To add a SSO, go to the bottom of the page and enter a brief description of the sector specific objective and select a Cluster from the drop down list to which it needs to be linked, select the year, and click on the button to save the SSO.
- Click on [Edit] link to edit the added record on which the selected SSO will become updatable.
- User can delete existing SSO by clicking on link for a particular SSO.
Note: Delete option will be available only if the SSO is not linked with an HRP.
Configuring Clusters' indicatorsTop
Navigation: System Setup > Configuration Setup > Clusters > Cluster Indicators
Purpose: To create/edit cluster indicators.
- To create cluster indicators select cluster and enter the other details mentioned in "Controls" section and click on [Save Record] button, it will save the record and grid will be populated with new record
- To edit cluster indicators click on [Edit] link in the grid, it will populate the details for selected cluster indicators. Change the values and click on [Save Record] button to update the cluster indicators.
- please note you cannot delete indicators when projects are linked.
- Cluster Name: List of Clusters for the pool fund
- Indicator Year: Year for which the indicator will be active
- Indicator Description: Brief description of indicator
- Select Beneficiaries: Beneficiaries (Men, Women, Boys and Girls) for the indicator
- Unit: Select from the drop-down list the unit applicable to this indicator (day, number, percentage etc.)
Configuring Standard Activities (optional) Top
Navigation: System Setup > Configuration Setup > Manage Standard Activities
Purpose: Create standard activities for a particular cluster.
Usage: Type in the Description of the Standard Activity, select the Cluster (drop-down menu), Allocation Year (drop-down menu). All fields are required. Next, click on the 'Save Record' button.
Click on the 'View linked projects' hyperlink to see projects that have used a particular standard activity.
You cannot delete an activity if there are projects linked.
Creating the Strategic Review scorecardTop
Before creating an allocation, it is mandatory to create the SR scorecard that will be used during the strategic review of projects. It is not necessary to finish the scorecard at allocation launch, however the scorecard template must be created. It is possible to edit the template and finalize the scorecard after the allocation launch, up until the start of the strategic review process.
To learn how to create a new scorecard, plese refer to this article of the Help Portal, or watch the tutorial below.
How to create an allocation Top
Once all previous components have been configured in the GMS, the HFU can create the allocation. To do so, follow the below navigation:
Navigation: System Setup > Allocation Management > Manage Allocation Types
To create new allocation, fill all the mandatory information which is marked with a red asterisk and click on the [Save Record] button. The green asterisk shows the fields that will be published in the Business Intelligence (BI) platform.
To edit the allocation type click on [Edit] link to populate the controls with the respective Allocation type information which can be changed and saved by clicking on [Save Record] button.
Note: The information displayed in the Primary Details section cannot be edited after the creation of the first project proposal. Please contact GMS Support should you require furthr assistance in changing the details. The SRC Scorecard cannot be changed once the scoring has been initiated.
- Primary Details: Provides the core details of the allocation. This part cannot be edited after the creation of the first project.
- Allocation Title: Name of the allocation.
- Publish: Tick the box to publish the allocation into the Business Intelligence (BI) platform. This will also show if any of the documents linked to the allocation will be visible to partners and published in the BI.
- Allocation Summary: Description that will appear as an additional narrative in the Business Intelligence (BI) platform.
- Allocation Source: Type of Allocation (Reserve or Standard).
- Project Code Abbreviation: Abbreviation to generate project code.
- Allocation Year: Year in which Allocation is created.
- Audit Cost Type: Type of Audit Cost (Percent or Fixed).
- Location Mapped Code: Automated field which will display the location year version.
- Minimum Location Level for Budget: Allows the user to select the Admin Location level required for the budget distribution in the locations tab, and the reporting.
- Minimum Location Level for Beneficiary:Allows the user to select the Admin Location level required for the Affected Persons distribution in the locations tab, and the reporting.
- Allow Project Proposal Quarter Planning: Indicates whether Budget Quarter planning is allowed for project proposal (relevant for UNDP funds)
- Allow Project Proposal Cost Effectiveness Analysis: Enables the option to generate a Cost Effectiveness Analysis linked to the budget.
- Show Standard Activities: Enable standard activities to be displayed, instead of only customized activities. This option should be ticked if you created standard activities.
- Additional Details: Provides the secondary details of the allocation. This part remains editable after the creation of the first project.
- Is Locked: Indicates whether Allocation is locked.
- HRP Plan: Link to the country HRP to enable project linkage in the project proposal. Please be mindful when selecting the HRP plan here, as the HRP Strategic Objectives you created for this allocation must have been linked to the HRP you select here. In the next process of linking the HRP SO to the allocation, the SO that you will be able to select are the ones linked to the HRP plan you select here.
- Emergency: The specific emergency (ongoing conflict, disaster, etc.) for which allocation will be created.
- SRC Scorecard: select from the drop-down list the Strategy Review Scorecard that you created and wish to be linked.
- Expected Launch Date of Allocation Strategy: Indicates when the planning of the allocation started (i.e. start of the allocation lifecycle).
- Expected HC Approval Date of Last Project: Indicates the estimate date of when the allocation approval process will close (i.e. end of the allocation lifecycle).
- Planned allocation Budget (in USD): Displays the allocation budget planned.
- Project Submission Start Date and Time: Indicates the start of the project submission timeframe (day/month/year, local timezone).
- Project Submission Block Date and Time: Indicates the end of the project submission timeframe (day/month/year, local timezone).
- Message before project submission block date: Message visible from the Partner Home Page informing of the end of the project submission timeframe (remaining days/hours)
- Message after project submission block date: Message visible from the Partner Home Page informing that the project submission timeframe has been closed
How to configure the allocation Top
Navigation: System Setup > Allocation Management > Allocation Type Configuration
Upon accessing the page, all the added Allocation will be visible. To add an allocation to the page, see the prior step "How to create an allocation".
Click on the "Edit" tooltip to configure the allocation. The the selected allocation and the different components will be visible at the top of the screen.
Click on the different available button to display the respective page.
- Click on the [Cluster Priorities] button to configure the cluster priorities that will be defined for the allocation.
- Click on the [Allocation Cycle Time Table] button to create an allocation cycle for the allocation.
- Click on the [Manage HRP] button to link the HRP (Humanitarian Response Plan) and the SSO (Sector Specific Objective) to the allocation.
- Click on the [Link Cost Tracking Component] button to edit the default Cost Tracking components
Please disregard the Grantor Program Code. This field is for FCS Finance staff who wish to link the allocation to its UMOJA Grantor program code.
Link an allocation with its cluster priorities Top
Click [Cluster Priorities] button.
To add a new cluster priority, select the appropriate cluster, enter the cluster priority activities and geographical priorities and click on the button to save the detail.
Existing cluster priorities can be modified by clicking on the link.
Existing cluster priorities can be deleted by clicking on the link.
- Cluster: Cluster
- Cluster Priority Activities: Activity for cluster
- Cluster Geographical Priorities: Detail for geographical priorities
Link an allocation with the allocation cycle time table Top
Click on the [Allocation Cycle Timetable] button.
Enter From date, To date, Responsible and Action field data and click on the "plus" button to save the detail. Existing Allocation Time table can be edited by clicking on the link.Existing Allocation Time table can be deleted by clicking on the link.
- From: Start date for a particular responsibility in the selected Allocation
- To: : End date for a particular responsibility in the selected Allocation
- Responsible: Person responsible for the set period of time
- Action: Action required to fulfil those responsibilities
Link an allocation with the HRP SO and SSO Top
Click on the [Manage HRP] button of the allocation management page.
Select the HRP SO fromthe drop-down list and click on the Add icon . If you do not see the HRP SO you wish to select in the drop-down list, it means that it hasn't been correctly configured. To configure the HRP SO, please refer to this section of the article.
You can unlink an HRP SO from the allocation up until the launch of the allocation by clicking on the red cross of its line
- HRP SO Description: The description of the HRP
- HRP: The Allocation Type tied to this HRP Description
- Action: Edit OR Link SSO. Edit allows you to select another HRP SO /Link SSO: Ties this HRP to a Cluster and Sector Specific Objective
To link the HRP SO with the SSO, click on [Link SSO] button; a popup will be displayed .
Select the relevant Cluster(s) from the list. On doing so the SSO list will be populated for that cluster. Select one or more SSOs from the list and click on [Save] button to save the record.
If you do not see the SSO in the drop-down list, it means that they haven't previously been configured. To configure the SSO, please refer to this preliminary step.
Added Link will be displayed in the grid.
Existing HRP – SSO links can be deleted by clicking on the link.
Note : if your SSO have been linked correctly they will appear linked to the allocation type (System Setup > Allocation Management >Allocation types > edit)
Link Cost Tracking Component Top
Allocation Type Document Top
The HFU must link specific documents to the allocation, most notably the Strategy Paper. To upload the documents on the GMS and link them to the allocation, follow the navigation described below.
Navigation: System Setup > Allocation Management > Allocation Type Document
Purpose: This screen is used to view as well as upload documents that are associated to a particular Allocation Type.
Within the Allocation Type Documents tab, a user can view as well as upload documents that are associated to a particular Allocation Type. The documents to upload are:
- Allocation Report
- Grant Agreements
- Allocation Strategy
- Partner Allocation - this will also make the documents uploaded in the category visible in the Business Intellogence.
To upload the documents, use the right-hand side section 'Upload File'. Select it from your desktop, and click on [upload].
Comments in regards to the document can be included as well, when a particular file is uploaded.
*Please note that the documents uploaded under the section 'Visible to Partners' will be displayed both in the allocation's line of the Partner's homepage, and in the Business Intelligence Portal, under the Allocation Timeline infography.
Please also note that the 'Share selected documents' icon can be used to share documents that have been uploaded.
First, select the document that you want shared by clicking on the checkbox next to the document,
Second, a 'Share documents' window will appear with the selected document(s) and its category. Select the 'Alert' that should be accompanied with the document and Third, press 'Share'.