- Creating User profiles
- Create user groups
- Manage user group rights
- Create user sub group
- Add user email matrix
- Link User to External Pooled Fund
Creating User profiles Top
Navigation: System Setup > User Management > System Users
This section is divided into 2 tabs. The first tab “User details” helps to manage (create/modify) system users. The second tab “User List” provides a filter option to select the desired users from the user list.
Purpose: First tab “User details”: To manage (create/modify) system users.
- Full name, user name and email are non-editable fields.
- To approve and update information about the user and also to assign user roles, click on [Click here to add new profile] button and fill all the details in the above mentioned fields and click on [Save Profile] button.
- To modify user information of an existing user, click on [Edit] link and it will populate all the information and after changing values click on [Save profile] button.
- Full Name: Full name of the user
- User Name: User login ID
- E-Mail: Email of the User
- Approve: to approve / disapprove a user
- Send Email Notification on Approval of this user: to allow/stop email confirmation on approval to be sent to the user.
- User Group: Users Group (Role)
- Pool Fund: Users Pool fund
- Is Primary Group: used to make selected user group as primary group
- Organization: Organization to which the user belongs (Not applicable for OCHA/Cluster staff)
- Cluster: Cluster to which the user belongs (Not applicable for Agencies)
- Allow workflow mail Notification: to allow/stop workflow mail notifications to the user
- Cluster for Notification: Mail notification for selected cluster if user is not an agency user
Purpose: Tab 2 “User List” : To filter users as required.
- To generate a user list, select one or more filters from the filters section.
- Agency (drop down box): List of all agencies in the pooled fund.
- User Group (drop down box): List of all user groups available in the pooled fund.
- Search (text box): Enter the text value for which the filter has to be set.
Then click the Click to Filter button to generate the user list.
The displayed user list can be exported in an excel format by clicking on the Export All Users List icon. If no filters have been specified, the exported user list will contain user details for all user groups.
Create user groups Top
Navigation: System Setup > General Setup > Users Group
Purpose: This screen is meant for managing (create/modify/delete) user groups
- Enter brief description of user group and click on "Save Record" button to save the record.
- To edit an existing user group, click on "Edit" link. The selected user group description will be populated in the Description field. After making necessary changes, click on "Save Record" button to save the new description.
- If user group is not linked with any user, "Delete" link will be visible using which the user group can be deleted.
- Description: Brief description of user group
Manage user group rights Top
Navigation: System Setup > User Management > User Group Rights
Purpose: To provide proper access rights for various user groups to various screens.
- Check / uncheck appropriate check boxes for a user group to allow / block access for those pages and click on [Save Record] button to save the record.
- After saving the access rights, click on [Refresh Application Variable] button to refresh the menu for user groups.
- To refresh cached pool fund values, click on [Refresh Pool Fund Log] button.
- Group Name: For each user group a list of access rights for various screens is displayed.
Create user sub group Top
Navigation: System Setup > User Management > User Groups > Manage User Sub Group
Purpose: To manage (create/edit/delete/view) sub groups for a user group.
- To add new user sub group, click on [Add Sub Group] button to open a dialog in which all the required data is to be filled. Click on [Save Record] button to save user sub group.
- To edit user sub group click on [<Sub Group Name>] link on the grid. It will populate information of controls on dialog for selected user sub group, after changing values click on [Save Record] button and it will update the user sub group information.
- To delete user sub group click on button.
- User Sub Group Name: Name of the user sub group
- User Group: User group list
- Sub Group Type: Type of user sub group (used to send email notification)
User groups are used to define users with specific role functions in GMS whereas User Sub Groups are used to differentiate user groups between organization or cluster level which helps in the sending of email notifications.
Add user email matrix Top
Navigation: System Setup > User Management > User Groups > User Email Matrix
Purpose: To manage (create/edit/delete/view) user email matrix for email notification. Using this screen a system user can be assigned to/ removed from a particular user sub group.
- To add new user email matrix click on [Add User] button.
- It will open a dialog where you can select the sub group.
- User can select a user from the System User list. On selection of system user list, it will populate User name and User Email field.
- In case the user is not present in System User list, the name and email id of the user can be entered in the respective fields and saved by clicking on [Save Record] button.
- To edit user email matrix information click on [Sub Group Type] link on the grid. It will populate information of the selected sub group type in the dialog. After changing values click on [Save Record] button and it will update the user sub group information.
- To delete user email matrix click on button.
- User Sub Group: User sub group list
- System User: Users list
- User Name: Name of the user
- User Email: Email of the user
Link User to External Pooled Fund Top
Navigation: System Setup >User Management>Link User to External Pool Fund
Purpose: To configure (Create /Edit/Delete) users for accessing external pooled funds task-lists for Non Admin users. This utility enables a Non Admin user to retrieve the tasks from the linked pooled funds for which the user has a profile already defined in the pooled fund.
- To link a user belonging to a user group:
- User Group (drop down box): Select the user group to which the user belongs to.
- User Name (drop down box): Enter the user name, if known.
Click on the Click to filter button to filter the users.
The users belonging to the selected user group are displayed at the bottom of the page in a tabular format.
The Pooled Funds Linked column will display the pooled funds to which the user had been linked to. A mouse over the Info icon present in the Pooled Funds linked column of the user will display the tasks which the user can access for the selected pooled fund.
To add, edit or delete the information of an existing user, Click on the user name link present in the User Name column.On clicking the user name, it will populate the information of selected user.
To link the user to External Pooled Fund, click on the Add Pooled Fund Link button.
- Pooled Fund (drop down box): Select the pooled fund for which user has to be linked to.
- Task(s) (check box list): Select the tasks that the user can perform in the selected pooled fund.
To link the user to multiple External Pooled Funds, click on the Add Pooled Fund Link button.
To delete an existing link to an existing external Pooled Fund, click on the delete icon present.
Click on Save button to update the information.