How to create project status Top
Navigation: System Setup > Workflow Management > Manage Project Status
Purpose: To manage (create/edit/delete) project status.
- To create project status fill all the details mentioned in "Controls" section and click on [Save] button, it will save the record and grid will be populated with new record.
- For Project statuses, having a custom action configured will be displayed in the Stage Description column with the stage description name and an Custom action configured icon.
- To edit project status click on [Edit] link in the grid, it will populate the details for selected project status. Change the values and click on [Save Record] button to update the cluster indicators.
- To delete project status, click on [Delete] link in the grid.
- Stage Description (text box): Description of workflow stage
- Allocation Source (drop down box): list of Allocation sources (Standard or Reserve)
- Project Type (drop down box): list of project types (Concept note or project proposal)
- Instance Type (drop down box): list of Instance type
- Process Status (drop down box): List for process status (Workflow status)
- Order No (text box): Order of status
- Status Code (text box): Enter the status code details.
- Initial Status (check box): Check to make status as initial status
How to create project status workflow Top
Navigation: System Setup > Workflow Management > Manage Project Workflow
Purpose: To manage (add/edit/delete) project workflow steps.
- To create project workflow click on [Add Project Workflow] button. It will open a dialog in which fill all the information given in "Field Description" section and click on [Save Record] button to save the workflow.
- To add an alert, click on [Add Alert] button. It will open the Manage Alert Notification screen. A detailed explanation for the same can be found under the section titled Alert Management under the Administrator tab.
- To edit click on project status link and it will open the dialog with existing data for selected workflow. Update the values in the fields and click on [Save Record] button to update the existing record.
- To delete workflow click on link to delete the selected row.
- Instance Type: List of all project instance types
Note: For the Has Alerts/Count column, the alert name is shown on mouseover as a “tooltip”. No need to click on the link if you just need to see the linked alert.
- Instance Type: list of all project Instance types
- Allocation Source: Shows current and next status only for the selected allocation. This makes it easy to select the required status quickly. This is also helpful to avoid mistakes in workflow steps, such as going from Standard to Reserve or vice versa.
- Project Status: List of current status
- Next Project Status:List of next status
- Allocation Process Status: Current Status
- Next Allocation Process Status: Next Status
- User Group: List for user groups
- HTML Template File Name: File name of html template
- Button Text (Options): Text which will be displayed on workflow button
- Button CSS: CSS name which will applied on button
- Button Order: Order of button to display
- Show Save & Exit Button: to show/hide [Save & Exit] button
- Allow Comments: to allow/disallow user from adding project and tab level comments
- Is Active: to make the workflow status active
- Alert: list of alerts to be associated with the workflow
- Reminders: list to link with workflow
- Button Tooltip: to be displayed besides workflow buttons.
How to view project workflow Top
Navigation: System Setup > Workflow Management > View Project Workflow
Purpose: To view workflow steps defined for a particular instance.
- Select the Instance Type from the drop down list.
- Select the Allocation Source from the drop down list.
- Select the checkbox if only active workflows are to be displayed in the grid.
- Click on the Search button to activate the search task.
There is an ‘Export to Excel’ button available which enables the user to extract the filtered information into an excel sheet.
The information can be sorted on the basis of Project Status and Status order and the sorted column will be highlighted with an arrow.
A brief description of each column is given below:
Displays the type of allocation source and the name of the project status.
For e.g. R – Disbursement means Allocation source Reserve for project status named Disbursement. This is mandatory for each workflow step and it defines which workflow buttons would be available for a particular role when the instance is in this status.
|Next Project Status||Displays the next project status. This is the status to which the current instance will go to when the defined button is clicked.
An icon displays that there are some custom actions associated with this status. If the icon is displayed in red, it indicates that the custom action set has not yet been triggered.
|User Group||Displays the user groups who has access for this status.|
|Button text (options)||Displays the text which will be shown on the workflow button that will appear when the user opens an instance in the “Project Status".|
|Instance type||Displays the types of instance such as Project, Report, Revision etc.|
|Status Order||Displays the order in which the statuses will be activated in the workflow|
|Is Active?||Displays whether this workflow step is active or not.|
|Save/Allow Comments||If Save field displays as
Yes – User can save the information at project and tab level.
No – User can only view the information (Read only)
If Allow Comments field displays
Yes – User can specify comments at the time of workflow button click.
|Has Alerts/Count||Displays whether alerts are associated with the workflow and if yes the count of alerts is mentioned. A mouse over on the count number will display the alert name. Click on the count to display the alerts window which will display the following details:
Alert: Displays the Alert Name.
To: To whom the alert will be sent to.
CC: To whom a copy of the alert will be sent to.
BCC: To whom a blind carbon copy of the alert will be sent to.
Clicking on this icon will display the content of the alert.
|Update details||Displays the details of the user who has made changes to the workflow. A mouseover on the icon will display the user details and the date of updation.|